In Mark 12:41-44 Jesus is observing people at the synagogue contributing to the offering box. Jesus, being the Master Teacher, uses this as a teachable moment for His disciples. He says,
“Truly, I say to you, this poor widow has put in more than all those who are contributing to the offering box. For they all contributed out of their abundance, by she out of her poverty has put in everything she had, all she had to live on.” Mark 12: 43-44
Challenging Observation from this Passage
- God cares how much we give.
- Jesus want to teach His disciples and us how to manage our money.
- The amount of the gift is not as important as the attitude of our hearts when we give.
- Jesus wants us to trust Him with everything in our lives.
- We exercise our faith when we give our all to Jesus and His work.
Father, help me today to give you all I have for all You are.