Mother’s day is a great time to remember and honor our moms. Mothers are the unsung heroes of the family. This week I sent my mom a nice card and gift. Even though I could not see her this Mother’s Day, we had a long conversation on the phone. Here are some life lessons I learned from my mom.
- Having a relationship with God, through Christ, is the foundation for life. I am thankful for a mom that prays for me.
- Nothing replaces a mother’s love. I have never doubted the love my mom has for me.
- Family is a high priority of life. My mom held our family together. She always placed a high value on our family.
- There is great value to hard work. My mom worked hard at work and at home. She demonstrated a strong work ethic to me and my family.
- Marriage is important. Growing up I knew my mom loved my dad and was faithful to him. After my dad passed away my mom continues to talk about how much she misses him. They had a strong love that was a great example for me.
- Etiquette is important. My mom taught me to dress appropriately and to have proper manners.
- Optimism is important. My mom could always find the best in me and in others. This is a value that I strive to emulate.
Thanks mom, for these great lessons. I love you. Happy Mother’s Day!