This weekend we remember those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. There are two places that I have personally visited that left a permanent mark on my life. Arlington National Cemetery in Washington, DC and Normandy American Cemetery in Normandy, France. These two places are sacred reminders of the great price that was paid for our freedom. Each grave represents a life, a family, a story, and a sacrifice. What should our response be to their sacrifice?
- Pray everyday for the United States of America giving thanks for those who serve, have served and gave their lives for our country.
- Remember and honor their sacrifice, not just on Memorial Day, but everyday.
- Dedicate yourselves to promote and protect this great democracy.
- Look for ways to support and care for our veterans and service men.
- Seek out ways to contribute to our great society and look to the needs of others.
- Educate younger generations to appreciate and respect our great heritage.